ENAT Annual General Assembly 2018 and Launch of the 'World Tourism for All Quality Programme', at VisitFlanders, Brussels
Share on social media
Brussels, Tuesday 26 June 2018. SAVE THE DATE. Meetings will be held at VisitFlanders, Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Tuesday 26 June 2017.
ENAT Annual General Assembly: 13:00 - 16:00 hours.
Launch of the ENAT 'World Tourism for All Quality Programme': 16:15 to 17:30 hours
Venue: The meetings will take place at the premises of ENAT Member, VisitFlanders. (Prior registration and Photo ID required).
Address: Grasmarkt 61, / Rue du Marché aux Herbes 61, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Go directly to Launch Event Information (link to text in this page).
ENAT Full Members are invited to attend the General Assembly (either the Member Representative or Seconder).
ENAT Honorary Members, Associate Members and Observers may also attend the General Assembly, subject to available space.
We look forward to meeting many of you in Brussels to discuss the work done in the past year and the plans and proposals for our future activities.
General Assembly: Proposals for Changes by the ENAT Board
The standard Agenda will be followed for the General Assembly. This year, members will be asked to vote on a number of proposed changes to the ENAT Statutes and Membership Structure, including:
- Change of the Seat of the association to an address in the European Quarter of Brussels
- Changes to the Purpose of the Association, extending its social objectives
- Changes to the Membership Structure and Membership Fees, removing the differential between European and non-European members and setting fees according to the size and resources of the member.
For changes in the Statutes to take effect, at least 50% of the Full Members shall give their agreement. Only Full Members have voting rights. Therefore it is important for as many Full Members as possible to attend the General Assembly.
Those Full Members who cannot attend may give their voting mandate to another Full Member (see member list) but each Full Member present may have only one mandate in addition to their own, according to the ENAT Statutes.
The full Meeting Agenda and other internal documents for the Annual General Assemby are available at a password-protected ENAT Webpage, for members and official Observers only. (Member log-in required)
If you are an ENAT paid-up Member, Honorary Member or Observer, and have any difficulties entering the password-protected page, please contact the ENAT Secretariat via the Contact Form to receive the documents by email.
Members and Observers: Please fill in the attached Registration Form (download WORD Document from the right-hand panel) and send it to the email address shown on the form as soon as possible, and by Thursday 21st June at the latest, if you will attend the AGA.
If you cannot attend the AGA but wish to mandate another ENAT Full Member to vote on your behalf, please indicate this on the Registration Form.
Full Members are also asked to send any information, (in MS WORD format and in English language) about their activities carried out in 2017, for inclusion in the 2017 ENAT Annual Report, to reach ENAT no later than 15th June 2016.
Full Members are reminded that they must have paid their Membership Fee for 2018 by 21st June 2018 in order to take part in the AGA and exercise their vote.
Photo: Trainers and Trainees in the Quality Programme at Maritime Hotel, Bantry, Ireland (ENAT)
ENAT members, partners and stakeholders from the public sector, tourism businesses and NGOs are warmly invited to the open Launch Event of ENAT's "World Tourism for All Quaility Programme", also on 26th June at VisitFlanders, following the Annual General Assembly.
This new Quality Programme provides a guided pathway for tourism operators leading to the World Tourism for All Quality Label, recognising commitment to access for all, enhancing staff competence and ensuring first-class customer service.
- It is an holistic Programme based on world-class standards of excellence in tourism management, combining: training, building and facility access audits, improvement actions, policy commitments, Web accessibility and accessiblity marketing.
- The Programme is tailored to businesses of different types and sizes, ensuring that all parts of the tourism value chain can take part.
- The Programme is designed to support sustainable, responsible and accessible tourism in line with the goals and principles of The Global Code of Ethics for Tourism developed and promoted by the UN World Tourism Organisation.
- The Programme is designed and accredited by ENAT – The European Network for Accessible Tourism non-profit association, and will be delivered solely through its licenced agents under the supervision of an independent Supervisory Board.
At the Launch Event, the main features of the Quality Programme will be presented and the first hotel establishments and trainees to complete the Programme will receive their certificates.
A free cocktail will be served at the Launch Event.
- Please download and fill in the Registration Form from the right-hand column and send it to the email address shown on the form as soon as possible, and by Thursday 21st June at the latest, to secure your place at the Launch Event.
We look forward to meeting you in Brussels!
- Meeting participants must cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
- A list of Brussels City Centre Hotels can be downloaded from the right hand panel in PDF format.
Venue Location. Map by Google