AccessibleEU Greece - Smart and Inclusive Cities: Services for All Citizens and Visitors
Share on social media
AccessibleEU, the European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT) and the National Confederation of Disabled People of Greece (NCDP) co-organise an event to raise awareness on the importance of accessibility in developing smart and inclusive cities.
Target audience: Public authorities, municipalities and prefectures, private sector enterprises, civil society organisations (including organisations of persons with disabilities), professional associations.
When: Monday, November 20, 2023 from 09:30 to 13:30 (EET);
Where: Hotel Titania: 52 Panepistimiou Avenue, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Format: Hybrid (participate either by internet connection or in presence at the venue)
Accessibility information: Captioning and sign language interpretation in Greek.
How to participate: Registration is now closed. (17 November 2023).
Participants' link to join the event Online: (LIVE FEED)
09.00 - 09.30 Registration (Coffee provided throughout the event)
09:30 - 09:50
Official Opening - Greetings
Dimosthenis Anagnostopoulos, Secretary General of Information Systems and Digital Governance - Ministry of Digital Governance
Marily Christofi, Second Vice-President of the National Accessibility Authority
Vassilis Koutsianos, General Secretary of the National Confederation of Disabled People (NCDP)
Presentation of the "European Accessibility Resource Centre - AccessibleEU" Project and its contribution to the promotion of accessibility at national and national level
Ivor Ambrose, AccessibleEU Senior Expert (ENAT)
Panel 1: The role of central government and local government in creating more accessible and inclusive cities
-The contribution of the Ministry of Environment and Energy to the promotion of accessibility: Institutional Framework, Role of the Central Bid Committee, Implementation of interventions for barrier-free protection for disabled and hindered people
Lenoussa Holeva, Head of the Built Environment Planning & Control Implementation Directorate and President of the Central Tender Committee - Ministry of Environment and Energy
- Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE): Registry of Accessibility Auditors & Accessibility Audits of Buildings of Public Interest
Claire Dima, March Architect, Director of Technical Services of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE)
- The contribution of the Municipalities to the improvement of the quality of life of citizens with disabilities and disabled persons
Ioannis Garanis, Mayor of Komotini
George Marinakis, Mayor of Rethymno
Panel 2: Digital services accessible and friendly to all
- Digital accessibility in the Greek public administration
Sissi Mamai, Head of Digital Accessibility & Social Affairs Department - Ministry of Digital Governance
- Accessibility and actions at the University of Piraeus
Styliani Sofianopoulou, Vice Chancellor of Finance, Planning & Development - Professor, University of Piraeus
Panel 3: Transport for all citizens
- Athens communications accessible to everyone
Betty Armeni, Head of the Urban Mobility, Accessibility & Environment Department of the OASA – Athens Urban Transport Organization
- Best Practices: The recent experience of disabled and/or mobility impaired passengers at Athens International Airport
Maria Kapralou, Head of Assistance for Disabled Passengers - Athens International Airport A.E.
Panel 4: Tourism for All
- Project "Creation of Integrated Touristic Accessible Marine Destinations" in the context of the implementation of the ESPA (Regional Development Corporate Agreement) Operational Program "Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 2014-2020"
Euthymia Korra, Executive of Unit A1 of the Special Programme Management Service "Competitiveness"
- Results of E.S.A.meA projects. in the field of inclusive tourism and access to natural and cultural heritage
Alexandros Mourouzis, Accessibility Expert - National Confederation of Disabled People
- Provision of information on the accessibility of tourist services
Katerina Papamichael, Architect, Accessibility Expert - European Network for Accessible
- Professional tourist guides and Tourism for All (Video)
Efi Kalampoukidou, Chairman of the Board of Directors, European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (FEG)
About the event
The awareness raising event will focus on the importance of accessibility in the built environment, ICTs, transport, tourism and social services. Also, special attention will be given to the training of stakeholders and professionals.
Representatives from the public and private sectors will present examples of good practice at national level.
The objectives of this event are to:
- present the AccessibleEU Resource Centre and its role in promoting accessibility at European and national levels
- introduce stakeholders to the AccessibleEU Community of Practice, to actively participate and benefit from the resources of the Centre
- improve awareness relating to good practices in different fields
- promote the exchange of expertise that facilitates the implementation of accessibility in the built environment, transport, ICTs, tourism and social services
- motivate businesses to invest in accessibility and create new business opportunities, benefiting enterprises, society and the national economy.
Download the Programme from the downloads section in Greeek.
Search for related content on social media using: #AccessibleEU