1st Open Webinar on Emerging Inclusive Tourism Markets: New Business Opportunities for Greece
Share on social media
The European Network for Accessible Tourism ENAT and the team InclusiveGreece Webinar on: "New business opportunities for Greece" on Wednesday 9th February 2022. Video now available.
A tourist guide with a group of clients at Delphi. Photo credit: FEG
Webinar on: "New business opportunities for Greece".
Recorded: Wednesday 9th February 2022, from 16:00 to 17:30 via Zoom.
Watch the video on YouTube. (1 hour, 30 minutes)
Since 2008, the ENAT non-profit association has pursued the mission to make European tourism destinations, products and services accessible to all travellers and to promote accessible tourism around the world.
ENAT aims to bring about a fundamental change in the business mindset: to recognise the value of diversity and to deliver Accessible and Inclusive Tourism for All throughout the tourism sector.
Many European countries have already begun on this path and, because of COVID-19, there is growing interest in accessibility as a key factor in re-building tourism with a more customer-centric approach.
- What are the challenges?
- How have others tackled these issues and what can Greek businesses and destinations learn from them?
- Will Greece reap the benefits of the 130 Billion Euro accessible tourism market, or will the country miss out on this enormous economic opportunity?
- How can Greek tourism businesses prepare for this emerging market?
These are crucial questions for the business community.
ENAT and InclusiveGreece, invite Greek businesses and other interested stakeholders to the 1st Open Webinar where international and Greek experts will present some of the key experiences, accessibility strategies, tools and resources that can open up new business opportunities.
- Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director, ENAT
- Dimitrios Buhalis, Professor, Bournemouth University Business School, UK and Visiting Professor, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Magnus Berglund, Former Director of Accessibility, Scandic Hotels, Sweden
- Katerina Papamichail, Architect, Expert in Accessibility and Universal Design, ENAT
- Ignatios Fotiou, CEO, TOBEA A/S, Inventor and supplier of “Seatrac”.
- Sabine Switalla, CEO, InclusiveGreece.
Followed by Questions and Answers session with the panel of speakers.
Hotel Managers’ Association in Greece.
Download speakers' slide presentations from the right-hand panel in PDF format.
"Accessibility is a Prerequisite for Any Kind of Tourism". Interview with Ivor Ambrose, in Greek and English, itn Greek Tourism magazine, 13 January 2022.
InclusiveGreece is an Associate Member of ENAT