Destinations for All. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Accessible Tourism Conference, Ireland
Share on social media
Dún Laoghaire, Ireland, 26th April 2018. A half-day conference with focus on the accessible tourism market as a golden opportunity for destinations and businesses.
Photo: Dún Laoghaire & Rathdown County Council.
"Winning more visitors - Increasing business revenue".
Venue: DLR LexIcon, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland
Date: Thursday 26th April, 2018
Time: 09:15 to 1.00 p.m.
The Accessible Tourism Market is becoming recognised as the fastest-growing tourism market. Businesses and destinations ignore it at their peril. One in five tourists have some kind of access need and if these needs in leisure or business tourism are not catered for then they will go elsewhere.
This conference will highlight the accessible tourism market as a golden opportunity for destinations and businesses.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council invites you to be part of a national conversation on accessible, inclusive tourism, beginning with an overview of the field and an examination of best practices, policies and strategies that can inform and guide Ireland’s businesses and increase the competitiveness of our tourism destinations.
- Paul Keeley, Commercial Development Director, Failte Ireland
- Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director, ENAT - The European Network for Accessible Tourism
- Katerina Papamichail, Architect, Specialist in Universal Design and Accessibility Standards, ENAT
- Chris McCoy, MBE, Equality Diversity Manager and Head of the Accessible Tourism Programme and Mediation Partnership Team, VisitScotland.
- Paudie Healy, CEO, Universal Access. Board Director of the European Network for Accessible Tourism
- Patrick O’Donoghue, CEO, The Gleneagle Group.
Registration is free of charge but places are limited, so do not delay.
Register online via Eventbrite (opens in a new window)
Download the Conference Announcement from the right-hand panel for more details about the Programme and Directions to the venue. (PDF document, 2 pages).