ATHENA Project: “Accessible Tourism – Humans, Education, New Approaches"
Share on social media
The main goal of the ATHENA project is the creation of conditions and tools for human resources development and employment in the accessible tourism sector in the Czech Republic. This will be achieved by transnational cooperation with ENAT and exchange of experience and good practice with European countries.
The main goal of the ATHENA project is the creation of conditions and tools for human resources development and employment in the accessible tourism sector in the Czech Republic.
This will be achieved by transnational cooperation with ENAT and exchange of experience and good practice with European countries.
The knowledge gained on the transnational level will be further disseminated to promote and to enhance awareness about accessible tourism among target groups in Moravian Silesian, Southern Bohemian and Hradec Králové Region and the Capital City of Prague via project partners.
KAZUIST, spol. s r.o., Regional Consulting and Information Centre, Třinec (project coordinator)
OS TRIANON civil association (NGO) , Český Těšín
TRIANON – ČECHY civil association (NGO) , Vimperk
- Regions, municipalities and their organizations
- Public service authorities and appropriate organizations involved in tourism and social integration
- Non-profit organizations and employers of disabled people
- Educational institutions
- Job centres and institutions providing employment services
- Disabled people
- General public
Information about activities, as well as public deliverables, will be added under this heading in due course.
- Exchange and sharing of experience, tools and methods in the field of education (staff training), motivation of tourist service providers, engagement of local government, accessibility standards etc.
- Comparison of information systems/databases providing information about accessible offers, destinations, events etc.
- Publication of a brochure promoting accessible tourism and its importance.
- Creation of methodology for development of the national information system about accessible tourism.
- Motivation of people with special needs to share their travel experience and validate information about destination accessibility.
- Organization of workshops for NGOs and employers of disabled people focused on (social) entrepreneurial and employment opportunities in the accessible tourism service chain.
- Dissemination of project results and experience within the conference, round tables, project presentation and publicity.
- Brochure about accessible tourism
- Methodology for development of information system in accessible tourism (accessibility information standard)
- E-library (collection of European towns and regions travel guides and information systems )
- Compendium of European good practices from the field of education, staff training, accessible tourism services etc.
- Workshop methodology
Links / Contact
KAZUIST, spol. s r.o.
Družstevní 294, 739 61, Třinec, Czech republic
Tel: +420 558 335 479
Ms. Ilona Ostruszková
Download the project summary in PDF format from the right-hand panel.