Smart Tourist Routes for Inclusive Groups
Share on social media
Project STRING is a transnational cooperation initiative to be implemented by 12 partners from 6 countries. It aims to create 9 fully accessible itineraries respectively in Italy (Piedmont Regione), Spain (Ávila) and Bulgaria (Sozopol) which will then be developed into comprehensive tourist packages. Such packages will be put on the market, by Tour Operators through Travel Agency, singular or in composable modular box that allow customers to make their preferred combination.
Short description of project
Project STRING is a transnational cooperation initiative to be implemented by 12 partners from 6 countries. It aims to create 9 fully accessible itineraries respectively in Italy (Piedmont Regione), Spain (Ávila) and Bulgaria (Sozopol) which will then be developed into comprehensive tourist packages. Such packages will be put on the market, by Tour Operators through Travel Agency, singolar or in composable modular box that allow customers to make their preferred combination.
The core activity of Project STRING is the introduction of a smart marketing tool used in generalist tourism sector into accessible tourism: Along with mainstream channels for promoting the tourist produsts we plan to create a marketable box which contains travel packages of 9 accessible itineraries located respectively in Piedmont Region (Italy), Ávila (Spain) and Sozopol (Bulgaria).
Each of the three areas offers 3 different thematic itineraries in the light of local characteristics and accessible attractions, for example itinerary of historic monuments, itinerary of religious interest, itinerary of gastronomy & wine-tasting, itinerary of arts, itinerary of shopping & entertainment, and so on. The box may be sold at a price which give the right to choose one itinerary package (already paid) and discount to add other itineraries. The customers who buy or receive the box as a gift may choose their favourite itinerary or combination of itineraries, then contact the tour operators (indicated on the box) to book the travel.
The project will be implemented in three phases:
- Design and implementation of three itineraries each respectively in Piedmont, Ávila and Sozopol, i.e. to select existing accessible tourist sites and facilities to form a continuing, well- linked route with rich attractions and tailored services;
- Creation of travel packages and production of box, i.e. to negotiate and stipulate agreements with the selected tourist sites as well as related service providers (transport, accommodation, catering, etc.), to design leaflets for each itinerary package which will then be contained in the box for sale, to analyze pricing and marketing plan;
- Launch and promotion of the packages box through coordinated marketing channels and tools.
Project STRING aims at achieving the following objectives:
- to better exploit the experiences and itineraries realized by some of the partners in the
- framework of the League of Historical and Accessible Cities (LHAC);
- to provide versatile, high-quality and fully accessible tourist products to all kinds of people with special access needs;
- to present accessible tourist products to the customers through easily-accessible channels and in a flexible, adaptable and thus more attracting way;
- to disseminate at a wider level the best practices and know-how in accessible tourism obtained by the partners as well as by other members of the LHAC;
- to foster concrete cooperation among SMEs, public administrations, foundations, associations and other stakeholders to improve accessibility and contribute to a better quality of life for all.
- CPD - Consulta per le Persone in Difficoltà ONLUS (Italy)
- Regione Piemonte (Italy);
- European Foundation Centre (Belgium);
- Fondazione CRT- Cassa di Risparmio di Torino (Italy);
- Fundación ONCE (Spain);
- Sozopol Foundation (Bulgaria);
- Akita Tour SAS (Italy);
- Dena Travel (Spain);
- Sozopol-Tour (Bulgaria)
- Accessible Portugal (Portugal);
- Weitsprung Reisen (Germany);
- ChrisTravel (Denmark)
Mr. Alessandro Redavide: firstname.lastname@example.org
European Commission funded project, reference page: