Third EU Calypso Meeting Facilitating Exchanges in Cross-Border Social Tourism
Share on social media
Baile Felix, Romania, 6 and 7 May 2010. The third EU Calypso Meeting Facilitating Exchanges addresses the theme, "Stakeholders Proposals to Facilitate Exchanges through Calypso". The venue is a centre for spa and wellness tourism in the Romanian countryside.
The third EU Calypso Meeting Facilitating Exchanges is scheduled to take place in Romania addressing the theme, "Stakeholders Proposals to Facilitate Exchanges through Calypso". The venue, Baile Felix, is a centre for spa and wellness tourism in the Romanian countryside.
As indicated in the title, the European Commission will be seeking to channel the discussion towards the identification of proposals to facilitate exchanges, with a special reference to criteria such as accessibility and sustainability to be included in a possible supply/demand mechanism.
The European Commission has invited key stakeholders to present proposals and opinions on the way forward for the Calypso initiative. These contributions will complement the work of the Calypso Study Team, which is preparing to publish its recommendations to the Commission at the end of May.
ENAT will make a presentation at Baile Felix, proposing for a system of EU-wide technical support on accessibility for the public and private enterprises that may participate in Calypso. ENAT member, Mrs. Annagrazia Laura, COIN, Italy will deliver the presentation, which has been prepared by the ENAT Board.
New! ( 7 May 2010 )
Download the ENAT presentation (slideshow) in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
Please comment, below, on the slideshow-proposals. (Requires login). Or send an email to ENAT, using the Contact page.
The event at Baile Felix is organised jointly by the European Commission, DG Enterprise Tourism Unit and the Romanian Ministry of Tourism.
Thursday – 6th of May 2010
12.30 – 13.00 Press Conference for closing the ESPA meeting and opening the Calypso meeting
13.00 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.30 Opening Session
- Minister for Regional Development and Tourism, Romania
- Representative of Romanian Local Administration
- Franco Ianniello, Head of Tourism Unit, European Commission
- Key Note Speech: Representative of Ramboll Management – Calypso study
15.30 – 16.45 Panel 1 – Stakeholder Proposals: Senior Citizens and Persons with Disability
Moderator: Joao Pinto Barbosa, ESPA
- Doina Domnica Parcalabu, CNPAS (National House for Pensions and Other Social Benefits, Romania): “How could the Senior Citizens Programme in Romania Benefit from Calypso?”
- BITS Representative: “BITS Proposals for Calypso’s Future”
- Nicasio Perez Menzel, ESPA: “The IMSERSO Experience”
- Annagrazia Laura, COIN European Social Project, ENAT: “Proposals for People with Disability through Calypso”
16.45 – 17.15 Coffee break
17.15 – 18.30 Panel 2 – Stakeholder Proposals: Youths and Families
Moderator proposed by EC/stakeholders
- Constanze Adolf, EUFED Secretary General: “EUFED Proposals for Calypso”
- Marie-Magdeleine Hilaire, Déléguée générale, Association Vacances Ouvertes : “The Sac Ados Initiative and Its Link to Calypso”
- Hans-Jürgen Kütbach, Mayor of Bad Bramstedt, Germany: “How Could Specific Family offers in Spas be Linked to Calypso?”
- Thea Joldersma, Family Association UK: ”Proposals on the Families Target Group for Calypso`s Future”
Friday – 7th of May 2010
9.30 – 10.45 Panel 3 – Stakeholder Proposals: A Romanian Sectorial Perspective
Moderator: Andrei Ioan, Ministry for Education, Research, Youths and Sports, Romania
- Nicu Radulescu, OPTBR: “Spa Tourism and the Importance of the Four Calypso Target Groups”
- Dragos Raducan, FPTR : “How Could Calypso Benefit Romania’s Federation of Tourism Enterprises”
- Corina MARTIN, President ANAT, Romania (Asociatia Nationala a Agentiilor de Turism), ECTAA Representative : “The Travel Agents' Perspective“
- Maria Stoian, ANTREC: “How Could Calypso Benefit Romania’s Rural Tourism Association”
10.45 – 11.15 Coffee break
11.15 – 12.30 Forward looking Vision for Calypso
Moderator: Franco Ianniello, Head of Tourism Unit, European Commission
- Lucy Zhang Min, Tourism Advisor, China Tourism Academy - tbc
- Rapporteur of the Conference
- Alan Vella, European Commission, Presentation of the Concluding Calypso Conference in Palma de Mallorca
12.30 – 13.00 Concluding session
- Franco Ianniello, Head of Tourism Unit, European Commission
- Representative of Ministry for Regional Development and Tourism
13.00 – 14.15 Lunch
14.15 – 15.15 CALYPSO working group
N.B. Interpretation will be provided in two languages (Romanian and English)
Download the Draft Programme in PDF format and Registration Form in MS WORD from the right-hand panel.
Send completed forms by email to iulia [dot] dangulea [at] mdrt [dot]ro, or by fax to +40 21 20 70 754, by Friday 30th April.
Please note that the ESPA Annual Congress will also take place at the same location between 5-6 May 2010.
The Romanian hosts would also like to communicate the following information:
Bookings should be made directly with the Hotel International (please confirm as soon as possible) , or to other hotels in Baile Felix, as per contacts below.
Special rates have been offered by the hotel for the participants of the Calypso Conference
Contact person: Mrs Laura Lunczer
Tel: 004 0259 318 445
Fax: 004 0259 318 499
Email: hotel [dot] international [at] turismfelix [dot] ro
Other hotels in Baile Felix :
The closest international airports to Baile Felix are:
- Arad (130 km) ,
- Timisoara (180 km),
- Budapest (300 km).
Oradea Airport (8 km distance from Baile Felix) has mainly internal flights.
Transfers from the above mentioned airports to Baile Felix can be arranged by contacting Mrs. Laura Lunczer, from Hotel International.
Between 6-8 May, OPTBR – The Romanian Spa Association is organising trips in the surroundings of Baile Felix.
For information and registration please contact OPTBR at: optbr [at] bluescreen [dot] ro tel/fax: 004 021 322 01 88.
Calypso Meetings Facilitating Exchanges
Calypso Meetings Facilitating Exchanges seek to identify mechanisms to facilitate attractively priced tourism exchanges between different countries in the low season.
Calypso aims to create holiday offers for four main target groups which typically have less opportunity to enjoy tourism:
- Older citizens (pensioners)
- Families in special circumstances
- Persons with disabilities
The fourth and final meeting facilitating exchanges will be held in a conference at Palma de Mallorca on 10 and 11 June 2010 (in collaboration with the Spanish Presidency) and will present the study recommendations and conclusions.
Visit the EC Calypso (social tourism) website