New European Bauhaus
Share on social media
The New European Bauhaus (NEB) is an initiative of the European Commission Joint Research Unit. It connects the European Green Deal to our living spaces. It calls on all Europeans to imagine and build together a sustainable and inclusive future that is beautiful for our eyes, minds, and souls. ENAT is an Official Partner of NEB.
The New European Bauhaus (NEB) is an initiative of the European Commission Joint Research Unit. It connects the European Green Deal to our living spaces.
Launched by the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, in September 2020, it calls on all Europeans to imagine and build together a sustainable and inclusive future that is beautiful for our eyes, minds, and souls.
ENAT is pleased to be an Official Partner of NEB since March 2021.
The New European Bauhaus is a creative and interdisciplinary movement in the making.
It’s a platform for experimentation and connection, fostering collaboration across thinkers and doers who want to design our future ways of living together.
- It’s a bridge between the world of science and technology and the world of art and culture.
- It’s an invitation to change perspective and to look at our green and digital challenges as opportunities to transform our lives for the better.
- It’s a fresh approach to finding innovative solutions to complex societal problems together through co-creation. The initiative aims to shape our thinking, behaviours, and markets around new ways of living and building, including by influencing public procurement.
The New European Bauhaus will:
- Bring citizens, experts, businesses, and Institutions together and facilitate conversations about making tomorrow’s living spaces more affordable and accessible.
- Mobilise designers, architects, engineers, scientists, students, and creative minds across disciplines to reimagine sustainable living in Europe and beyond.
- Strive to improve the quality of our living experience. It will highlight the value of simplicity, functionality, and circularity of materials without compromising the need for comfort and attractiveness in our daily lives.
- Provide financial support to innovative ideas and products through ad-hoc calls for proposals and through coordinated programs included in the Multi-Annual Financial Framework.
Download the New European Bauhaus brochure in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
At the dedicated website, information is available in additional languages of the European Union.
ENAT's Work Programme
ENAT's work programme for the New European Bauhaus will be shared on this page in due course.
Read the report of the European Commission on the Workshop held on 23 April 2021 on our ENAT Forum page.
Download from the right-hand panel: EC Communication, COM (2021) 573 Final on the New European Bauhaus, published 15 September 2021.
Visit the New European Bauhuas initiative