T-Guide Training Course on Guiding People with Learning Difficulties, Porto, Portugal
Share on social media
The T-GUIDE 2-day training course is offered to qualified tourist guides by the European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (FEG) and the European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT). Hosted by SNATTI on 26 and 27 October 2021, the Portuguese National Association of Tourist Activities, Translation and Interpretation.
The T-GUIDE 2-day training course is offered to qualified tourist guides by the European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (FEG) and the European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT).
It is hosted by SNATTI, the Portuguese National Association of Tourist Activities, Translation and Interpretation on 26 and 27 October 2021.
This is the final outcome of an EU funded Leonardo project, with FEG at its heart, to develop a CPD (continuing professional development) course for qualified tourist guides.
About the T-Guide Course
Enhance your skill set and gain access to a rapidly increasing market for guides who can competently and sensitively work with this growing client base.
To achieve the certificate tourist guides need to complete 4 stages:
- online learning in modules each with a final quiz assessment,
- a further online written assessment requiring consolidation of the knowledge gained in the initial stage 1 modules,
- attend a two-day interactive course (in Porto, Portugal in this case) and
- within 6 months of the course, set up and conduct a real tour with a group of people with learning difficulties and then provide client feedback and self-evaluation in a portfolio of evidence.
Stages 1 and 2 need to be completed online to the required standard in order to be eligible to join Stage 3 for the the two full days' interactive course in class.
The intensive two-day course, which is offered in Porto, Portugal, is organized by the FEG Portuguese member-association, SNATTI.
It involves practicing the use of ETUL (easy to understand language), improving understanding of the functional and social aspects of disabilities and of the relevant EU legislation. You will participate in exercises on shared understanding of learning difficulties, on sourcing access statements and on accessible/inclusive tourism through universal design. You will also revisit and enhance your tour planning skills, specifically geared towards tours for people with learning difficulties. On day one you will develop refinements to your communication and guiding techniques based on FEG‟s „The Art of Guiding‟. Once you have successfully completed all four stages and are assessed by your T-GUIDE trainer and by the FEG & ENAT T-GUIDE Committee, you‟ll be a certified “T-GUIDE” and your name, languages, contact details and area of qualification will be publicised on the FEG and ENAT websites.
Who should attend ...Learning Outcomes
All qualified tourist guides who would like to broaden their skills in this special niche market are eligible to register.
Only those, who have successfully completed the online learning and written assessment, will be eligible to attend the two-day interactive course.
Register and full payment to be sent by: 17th till 31st May 2021
- Completion of Stage 1 (online e-learning course) by: 31stJuly 2021 at the latest and e-mailed to email@example.com
- Completion of Stage 2 (written assessment) by: 30th September 2021 at the latest and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stage 3 (class & practice course) to be physically attended in Porto, Portugal 26th& 27th October 2021
- Stage 4 (T-GUIDE tour) submission of portfolio of evidence for your T-GUIDE tour to the T-GUIDE trainer the latest by: 27th April 2022.
Class and Practice Course Training Objectives
- Recognising the importance of preparing for the tour - Working with carers
- Understanding of learning difficulties
- Assessing and adjusting to your special audience
- Using easy to understand language
- Delivering walking tours or guided tours in a site or museum - Dealing with difficult situations
- Enhancing body language
- Developing appropriate visual aids
- Responsive, participative, positive, supportive, interactive.
Deadline for Registration: 31st May 2021 (see all other deadlines above) Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th October 2021, 9.00-17.00
Seminar Venue: Porto, Portugal
Number of Participants: Max. 10, min. of 5 participants
Trainer: Maria Joao Moreira, FEG accredited trainer & T-GUIDE certified trainer
Course & Certification Full Cost: 325 EUR per person*
Registration Deadline: 31st May 2021
*Fee includes two lunches in the Porto training venue, T-GUIDE online training, written assessment, marking, two full-day seminar in class, post-tour evaluation, portfolio assessment, certificate of competence and web promotion for all successful trainees
FEG & SNATTI reserve the right to cancel the course if there is insufficient enrolment.
Places are limited! Early booking recommended!
Download the T-Guide Course leaflet and bank details for registration, in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
Maria João Moreira at: email@example.com
Further information about T-Guide Training