WTM London Seminar: "Preparing your Destination for the Accessible Tourism Market: Lessons from Research and Practice”
Share on social media
4 November 2014, London. Building on the experiences of three leading European accessible tourism destinations, NTO managers and tourism researchers will discuss business strategies and practical ways to serve this growing market. Moderated by the European Commission, this seminar will give WTM visitors the latest updates and present best practices that can benefit all destinations and businesses.
4 November 2014, ExCeL - London.
Time: 16:00 - 17:30
Location: Premier Room 1.
(Follow the poppy floor tiles VISITFLANDERS @ S1).
Building on the experiences of three leading European accessible tourism destinations, four NTO managers will explain the business strategies and practical tools they are using to serve this growing market.
In addition, results of three major new studies of Accessible Tourism in Europe: Demand, Supply and Skills Requirements, conducted for the European Commission, will be outlined and discussed by researchers, pointing to recommended policies and actions for NTOs and DMOs.
The session will be organised as a panel discussion, moderated by European Commission Tourism Policy Officer, Ms Antonella Correra, addressing these 3 main themes in turn:
- Where is the demand? Reaching the accessible tourism market.
- Mind the accessibility gap. Supply-side requirements and the delivery of accessible services.
- What are the skills requirements and how do we build capacity in the tourism sector to create accessible destinations and businesses?
Moderator: Ms. Antonella Correra, European Commission, DG Enterprise and Industry, Tourism and Cultural Instruments Unit.
- Mr. Ross Calladine, Head of Business Support, VisitEngland, UK
- Ms. Katrien Mampaey & Pieter Ghijsels, VisitFlanders, Belgium
- Mr. Olaf Schlieper, German National Tourist Board, Germany
- Prof. Graham Miller, School of Tourism Management, University of Surrey, UK
- Ms. Severine Guisset, Project Manager GfK, Belgium
- Mr. Chris Veitch, Accessible Tourism Consultant, ENAT
- Ms. Kei Ito, Researcher, Valdani Vicari & Associati (VVA), UK
Closing remarks: Ms. Antonella Correra, EC.
Download this announcement in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
ENAT – European Network for Accessible Tourism asbl.
Contact: Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director
ExCeL - London
1 Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock
London Docklands, E16 1XL
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7069 4000
WTM official website: www.wtmlondon.com/