Design for All India Newsletter, November 2008. Special Issue on Inclusive Tourism
This edition of the Design for All India Newsletter brings together, for the first time, a range of articles about inclusive, accessible tourism in India.
The guest editor is Dr. Scott Rains, who travelled to India in 2008, meeting and working with tourism industry representatives, destination managers and disability groups.
Authors of the invited articles include travel agents, travellers, product designers, teachers and planners.
Content of November 2008 Vol-3, No-11
- Chairman’s Desk
- Guest Editor’s Desk: Dr. Rain Scott
- Creating an Inclusive Travel Product. Challenges in India
- The Waypoint – Backstrom Principles. Maritime Inclusive Environments and Practice (Human-Centered Seaworthiness)
- Accessible Boating facilities
- Is Delhi ready to accommodate disabled visitors during the Commonwealth Games?
- Importance of Anthropometric Research in Developing Regional Accessibility Standards
- Designing a Disabled Friendly Inclusive World Class City Imperatives and Issues for Mumbai
- Designing a inclusive tourist destinations-India
- Overseas Birding with a Disability
- Bodystorming at Taj – Designers Day Out
Download the November 2008 Newsletter from the right-hand column in PDF format.
Visit the website of Design for All India.