European Commission Call for Proposals: Design, Implementation, Promotion and Marketing of Accessible Tourism Itineraries
27/08/2013 | 0 comments
Under the Specific Programme: Preparatory Action "Tourism and accessibility for all", the European Commission has issued an Open Call for projects that will foster accessibility in local tourism development agendas, strategies and practices.
Call Deadline: 22/10/2013
Call Number: 102/G/ENT/PPA/13/511
The specific objectives of this call are:
- To foster adaptation of tourism products and services to the needs of people with special access needs
- To promote equal opportunity and social inclusion of people with special access needs
- To improve skills and training with relation to accessibility in the tourism supply chain
- To help mainstreaming accessibility in all segments of the tourism supply chain, while at the same time creating a seamless chain of accessibility in tourism
- To promote, market and disseminate best practices in accessible tourism
- To provide adequate support and guidance to SMEs
- To enhance the quality and diversify the offer of accessible tourism experiences in Europe
The proposals should aim at achieving the following expected results:
- New partnerships and better cooperation amongst local authorities/relevant tourism authorities and agencies, tourism operators, in particular SMEs, training providers and disability stakeholders
- A stronger focus on accessibility in local tourism development agendas and strategies
- Creation of a "critical mass" of accessible destinations, attractions, sites and tourism-related services, as mainstream products providing quality and value-for-money
- Better trained staff, better skills, higher satisfaction levels form travellers and a more positive image of the destinations concerned, thus boosting the overall image of Europe as a tourism destination
- Attracting more tourists, and maintaining viable tourism flows in the low-season.
- Positive returns for businesses, especially SMEs and micro-SMEs
Maximum EU Contribution per project : € 125.000
For information about the Call and application forms, please visit the European Commission website.