Accessible Tourism: Comparing Experiences
17 May 2014, Cortona, Italy. Meeting organised by the Tuscaneasy Accessible Tourism Project, to allow tourist destinations, sites and services to become more friendly and accessible for people with special needs.
The development of tourism for people having special needs represents a great potential in terms of economic resources, job opportunities and social inclusion.
A voluntary association of public and private operators have created an innovative, self-financed and bottom-up project in the Valdichiana large area of Tuscany, with the aim of fostering sustainable and accessible tourism, with the induced benefit of producing substantial economic resources, encouraging new business and employment opportunities and promoting social inclusion and equal opportunities policies.
With these concepts in mind, they have then conceived the Tuscaneasy – Accessible Tourism Project, to allow tourist destinations, sites and services to become more friendly and accessible for people with special needs.
Meeting venue: CENTRO CONVEGNI (MEETING CENTRE) S.AGOSTINO, VIA GUELFA - CORTONA.
Time: 10:00 to 16:00 hours
The Project's action plan includes:
- Dissemination of information, about the accessible tourism and linked opportunities, within operators, stakeholders and population.
- Promotion and monitoring of existing accessible destinations.
- Marketing investigations and development studies.
- Training courses for people involved in all tourists receiving enterprises and services.
- Support to new enterprises start up and occupation increase in the tourism sector.
- Promotion and support to social inclusion policies.
The meeting represents a further milestone in the development track of the ongoing project, started in the autumn of 2013 year.
The meeting would to represent some different and significant experiences in this field and to provide valuable and practical elements for implementing the sought objectives.
By the meeting premises an exhibition of related projects and experience in the Valdichiana will be provided.
Download the Programme in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
For more information, please contact:
Laura Neri - email@example.com
Telephone: +39 0575 638374