Accessible Tourism Day at Gran Canaria Accessible Fair, 2013
17 May 2013, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Accessibility is a competitive advantage for destinations that are prepared for older people, people with disabilities and diverse needs.
But it should also be taken into account that accessibility in facilities and tourism services for all visitors ensures a more satisfying experience and better quality for everyone.
Given that tourism is a major source of income in Gran Canaria and therefore job creation, it is crucial that part of Gran Canaria Accessible Fair 2013, includes a Round Table discussion on "Accessible Tourism".
- Introduce professionals from public and private tourism sector to "Accessible Tourism".
- Report experiences of businesses where accessible facilities cater for the elderly, disabled and others with diverse needs.
- Raise awareness among tourism professionals to improve the care offered to people with disabilities in facilities and destinations.
- Spreading the national and regional legislation about accessibility to be applied in tourism establishments. Explain how to provide tourists and visitors with objective and truthful information on the level of accessibility of their establishments.
- Submit examples of good practices and experiences of Accessible Tourism and accessible tourist destinations.
- Leisure Professionals of government departments.
- Professional local tourism businesses.
- Students of Tourism or others related to this sector.
Date and time of event
The conference will be held on Friday, May 17, from 10:00 to 14:30 h
INFECAR, Avda. La Feria nº1, 35012 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
INFECAR, Avda. La Feria nº1, 35012 Las Palmas de G.C.
Apdo. de Correos 50.
Tel. 828 01 02 03
Download the Programme and further information about the event in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
Update 26/5/2013: A report of the event (in Spanish) can be viewed at the Predif website
Conference co-organiser, PREDIF is an Associate Member of ENAT.