International Conference on "Accessibility in Tourism: an Ethical Value, a Business Opportunity"
Milan, 14 February 2013. This International Conference is held at the BIT Fair, organised by UN World Tourism Organisation and the Permanent Committee on Tourism Ethics, hosted by the Presidency of the Council of Ministers at the Office for Tourism Policies of the Department of Regional Affairs, Tourism and Sport.
Designed as an un-conference, the meeting will provide a valuable opportunity for discussion on the importance of accessible tourism as a factor of economic growth and a powerful leverage for profitable business and job creation.
Minister for Regional Affairs, Tourism and Sport, Piero Gnudi and UNWTO Secretary General (World Tourism Organization), Taleb Rifai, will open the event.
During the debate, international and national entrepreneurs, who have distinguished themselves for a fully accessible tourism offer, will answer questions raised by students in tourism management
from the most representative Italian universities.
The event will see the launch of the Italian national call for proposals of the European project EDEN 2013 on accessible tourism, aiming at identifying emerging tourism destinations, pursuing tourism development strategies based on accessibility. The call for proposals, as well as the application forms, is downloadable from the webpage: http://www.affariregionali.it/ from the date of the launch.
Simultaneous interpretation English-Italian available.
Date: 14 February 2013
Time: 2.00 - 4.30 p.m.
Place: Sala Gemini, BIT Fair, Fiera Milano, 20017 Rho, Milan.
- Piero GNUDI, Minister for Regional Affairs, Tourism and Sport
- Taleb RIFAI, Secretary General – United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Calogero MAUCERI, Head of Department for Regional Affairs, Tourism and Sport
Moderator: Armando PERES, Professor, Faculty of Arts,Tourism and Markets, IULM Milan
Mara MANENTE, Director, CISET. The market size for Accessibility in tourism
Questions by the students in tourism management from Ca’ Foscari (Venice), IULM (Milan), and
Campus (Lucca) will be answered by:
- Magnus BERGLUND, Disability Ambassador – Scandic Hotels
- Roberto VITALI, President – Village for all
- Franco VITALI, Director – Holiday Village Florenz
- Roberto DITRI, President – Vicenza Fair
- Marco MAGGIA, CEO – Ermitage Bel Air Medical Hotel
- Elena DAVID, CEO – UNA Hotels&Resorts
- UMBERTO MICHETTI, Managing Director – Starhotels International (in video-conference from New York)
For further information: email@example.com