European Dimension on Tourism Safety and Security
Brussels, 4 December 2012. Organised by Tourism Safety and Security Network of Finnish Lapland / Multidimensional Tourism Institute, in cooperation with Finnish Ministry of the Interior, the seminar provides a venue for tourism quality and safety experts and decision makers to exchange information about tourism development in EU.
Time: Tue 4th of December 2012, at 11 am - 2 pm
Venue: Committee of the Regions (Rue Belliard 99-101, Brussels)
Organiser: Tourism Safety and Security network of Finnish Lapland/Multidimensional Tourism Institute, in cooperation with Finnish Ministry of the Interior
Aim: European Dimension on Tourism Safety and Security –Show Day, top-level meeting for tourism quality and safety experts and decision makers to disseminate and exchange information about tourism development in EU.
Seminar language is English.
Topics to be discussed
- Tourism policies of European Union
- EU, national and regional aspects in tourism safety development (Finnish Lapland as a case)
- International cooperation to enhance tourism development.
10.30 Registration and coffee
11.00 am: Opening words
- Deputy Director General Mr. Antti Peltomäki, European Commission, DG Enterprise and Industry: European Commission’s tourism policy
- MEP Ms. Riikka Manner: European tourism from the point of view of European Parliament (tbc)
- Ms. Tarja Mankkinen, Ministry of the Interior: Tourism Safety Cooperation as part of national Internal Security Programme
- Mr. Pekka Iivari, Multidimensional Tourism Institute: Tourism Safety and Security co-creation in Finnish Lapland
- Ms. Laurianne Krid, Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA): Key criteria for consumers when choosing their holiday destination
- Minister of the Interior, Ms. Päivi Räsänen: Pre-emptive safety cooperation in Finland.
2.00 pm: Minister of the Interior, Ms. Päivi Räsänen, Closing words and an Invitation – 1st General Assembly of Tourism Safety and Security in Lapland, spring 2013. See you there!
Light lunch is served!
Register no later than 28th of November!
Registrations via e-mail to Mr. Niko Niemisalo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tel. +358 20 798 5449
Hosted by the Committee of the Regions
Download the leaflet from the Tourism Safety and Security Network of Finnish Lapland / Multidimensional Tourism Institute "National Code of Conduct", in PDF format from the right-hand panel.