European Disability Forum Toolkit on (EC) Regulation No 1107/2006 on the rights of disabled air passengers
The toolkit describes the background to the EC Regulation on the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air. Published in February 2007, it is written principally for members of EDF, providing an overview of the regulation and its transition into full effect in July 2008.
The Toolkit contains the following chapters and annexes.
1. Introduction – why a regulation?
2. The EDF lobby campaign
3. The content of the regulation on the rights of disabled air passengers
4. The shortcomings
5. The European Civil Aviation Conference Documents
6. The responsibility of EDF for implementation of the regulation
7. The responsibility of National Disability Councils
8. The responsibility of Member States
9. Contact persons in each National Disability Council
10. The timeframe
ANNEX I – Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006
ANNEX II – Regulation (EC) No 26/2004
ANNEX III – Enforcement bodies
ANNEX IV – Permanent representations to the EU