The 2011 Edition of the EU Access City Award is Now Open for Applications
07/07/2011 | 2 comments
Logo of the EU Access City Award
Put your city on the European map as a proactive supporter of accessibility for persons with disabilities.
The Access City Award sets out to showcase and reward cities with over 50,000 inhabitants which take exemplary initiatives to improve accessibility in the urban environment.
In the context of a steadily ageing population living in European cities and its correlation with disabilities, accessibility has important social and economic benefits.
The new edition of the Access City Award is now open for applications. The deadline for submission is 20 September 2011. The winner will be announced at the Award Ceremony in Brussels on 1-2 December 2011.
The award is given to the city that:
- has demonstrably improved accessibility in fundamental aspects of city living:
- the built environment and public spaces;
- transport and related infrastructure;
- information and communication, including Information and Communication Technologies (ICT);
- public facilities and services.
- is committed to continued improvements in accessibility in a sustainable way;
- can act as a role model and encourage the adoption of best practices in all other European cities.
Share your ideas through this competition and make more initiatives happen.
Let the Access City Award have pride of place in your Town Hall. Your success can be an inspiration to other cities across Europe.
More Information and Participation Forms
Access City Award Website:
European Secretariat of the Access City Award
Email: secretariat (at) accesscityaward.eu
Tel / fax +48 22 826 84 05