Museums and Tourism: A Working Relationship - Thessaloniki
9 December 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece. Organised by the State Museum of Contemporary Art, Τhe Thessaloniki Concert Hall, The U.S. Consulate General - Thessaloniki, The British Council and the British Embassy.
The conference is held under the auspices of the Municipality of Thessaloniki.
09:00 - 10:00 Arrival/Registrations
10:15 Welcome Remarks
10:30 – 11:00 Francesco Manacorda, Artistic Director, Tate Liverpool
From Audiences to Constituencies: The future of Activating the Museum’s Public
11:00 – 11:30 Rosemary Reyes, Partner, Roseworks Marketing
Creating a Cultural Connection: Connection: Maximizing Partnerships to Increase Tourism
11:30 – 12:00 John Giurini, Assistant Director for Public Affairs, J. Paul Getty Museum
Lessons in Cultural Tourism
12:00 – 12:30 Maria Tsantsanoglou, Director, State Museum of Contemporary Art
Museum as a key driver of tourism and the case of Thessaloniki
12:30 – 13:00 Q and A
13:00 – 13:30 Break
13:30 – 16:00 Round Table Discussion: Creating Networks among Arts and Tourism Institutions
- Orestis Andreadakis, Artistic Director, Thessaloniki International Film Festival
- George Emmanuel Lazaridis, Artistic Director, Thessaloniki Concert Hall
- Spiros Pengas, Deputy Mayor for Tourism and International Relations, Municipality of Thessaloniki
- Alexandros Thanos, Deputy Regional Governor for Tourism and Culture, Region of Central Macedonia
- Syrago Tsiara, Director, Contemporary Art Center of Thessaloniki & 6th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art
Moderator: Nicole Kazantzidou, Journalist
Live streaming available. Certifications will be given via email to those who will attend, after the end of the event.
Simultaneous translation will be provided.
Admission is free. Pre-registration is required.