YPERIA International Convention of Sustainable Tourism, for Preservation and Protection of the Natural and Cultural Heritage of Amorgos.
21 to 26 October 2015, Amorgos, Greece. The Cultural Association of Tholaria, Amorgos and Aegialis Hotel & Spa are pleased to organize, for the 13th consecutive year, the YPERIA International Convention of Sustainable Tourism, for Preservation and Protection of the Natural and Cultural Heritage of Amorgos.
The Convention aims to promote the natural beauty and culture of Amorgos, foster an exchange of ideas on cultural heritage preservation, as well as present and promote current projects on the island of Amorgos. In this respect, we would like to invite you to attend and participate in the Convention.
The main scope of discussion will be “Amorgos: Trails From The Past To The Future. Socio-economic, cultural and environmental prospects” with the following topics:
- Local products of Amorgos Island
- Hiking the Amorgian Trail Network: benefits of the most inexpensive investment in tourism
- Velanidia Foundation. Learn from the past to create prospects for the future to foster the ecosystem of the island
- Accessible Tourism - Tourism for All
- Transmissions and adaptations of the Greek folklore
- Dry stone walls, traditional and important structural elements of the landscape
- Natura 2000: areas in Amorgos. Sustainable management of the areas of protection
- Hozoviotissa Monastery of Amorgos, in process of inclusion in UNESCO’s World Heritage List
The 6th International Short Tourism Film Festival of Amorgos will take place during YPERIA 2015.
Distinguished guests from around the world invited at the event, journalists, tourism professionals and producers, are kindly requested to contribute to the promotion of Amorgos and the projects discussed during the Convention, through newspaper or magazine articles, films or documentaries.
Among the invited speakers, ENAT experts will take part in the Convention Programme, speaking on the subjects of accessible and sustainable tourism.
The Convention will be held in English. Accommodation, food and tours on Amorgos are offered by the organizers. There is a nominal fee of 50€ per person for taxes applied.
- Departure from Piraeus port, Athens by Blue Star Ferry to Aegiali port, Amorgos: Wed., October 21st at 17:30.
- Departure by Blue Star Ferry from Katapola port, Amorgos to Piraeus port: Mon., October 26th at 06:00.
Registration and further information
Visit the YPERIA Convention website
For any additional information, please contact the organisers,
Telephone: (+30) 22850 73393 or
ENAT is an official Communications Partner of the YPERIA Convention.