Register now for the IV International Congress on Tourism for All, Ávila, Spain
26 - 28 June 2013, Ávila, Spain.
Registration forms, Exhibitor and Programme information are now available at the official Congress website. Register before 30 May.
Venue: Lienzonorte Conference and Exhibition Centre.
Ávila is a city 113 km. away from Madrid. If you are coming from abroad, you will probably get to Barajas Airport (MADRID) or Villanubla Airport (VALLADOLID).
For all information about the Congress, Programme, Exhibiting and professional Video presentations, Registration and travel advice please visit the Congress official website.
Download the Provisional Congress Programme in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
Read more about the City of Ávila
The Congress is aimed at administrations, companies and users of products and services linked to tourism, as well as at all those people and institutions interested in knowing the current and future state of Tourism for All.
This IV International Congress on Tourism for All will have as its central focus the Cultural and Historical Heritage. It is intended for all professionals of culture, with the aim of enhancing their participation in the tourism sector and the objective of establishing the Accessibility and Design for All, thus promoting the inclusion of people with special needs.
- To make the tourism sector aware on the need to establish strong guidelines for Design for All and Universal Accessibility.
- To know and disseminate examples of good practices of Tourism for All.
- To show the profitability of the proposals of Accessible Tourism to the sector.
- To unify criteria of accessibility in Tourism for All.
- To enhance the role of culture as a source of tourist resources.
- To consider the elaboration of realistic and rigorous technical projects that facilitate the conversion of cultural potential into tourism products tailored to everyone´s needs.
- To show the employment opportunities for people with disabilities within the growing development of cultural tourism.
- To raise awareness of the need to achieve full accessibility of culture for the progress and development of our society, where a greater visibility and an active participation of people with disabilities will be a reality.
- To achieve a greater participation of cultural actors in the tourism industry for all.
- Fundación ONCE
- Spanish Government. Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism, Secretary of State for Tourism and Tur España.
- ACS Foundation
- European Network Accessible Tourism, ENAT
- Viajes 2000
- World Tourism Organization, UNTWO
- Design for All Europe, EIDD