North Karelia University of Applied Sciences: Accessible Tourism Project
23/03/2010 | 0 comments
The objective of the project is to develop nature tourism services for a wider scale of customers. Another aim is to support organisations providing nature tourism services in their development of accessible environments and services. In addition, an objective is to launch strategic and persistent development for evaluating, instructing, and classifying accessible nature tourism.
Implementation of the project
1. Planning of procedures for advancing accessible nature tourism
2. Development of the operational environments and services of attending organisations (surveys,
3. Development of evaluation methods for accessible nature tourism resorts in cooperation with national partners
4. Development of guidelines for accessibility factors at nature tourism resorts
5. Compiling of background material for classifying accessibility. An experimental classification will be created,
which requires special expertise as regards certification and auditing.
6. An open seminar and training about accessibility
7. National and international exchange of information between expert organisations
8. Compiling of a publication on accessible nature tourism
Project funding: North Karelia Regional Environment Centre and the European Regional Development Fund.
Contact person: Ms Kaisa Mantsinen, Development centre for devices for independent living (ISAK), North Karelia University of Applied Sciences.
Email: Kaisa [dot] Mantsinen [at] pkamk [dot]fi
Download the project description in PDF format from the right-hand panel, in English or Finnish.