Tourism for all – The VIA REGIA from Frankfurt to Leipzig: a time travel through German culture and history
31/01/2015 | 0 comments
Short description of project
The overall objective of the project is the implementation, promotion and marketing of universal accessibility to the Route “VIA REGIA – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe” between Frankfurt/Main and Leipzig combining 8 destinations.
The project aims at reducing different main barriers that prevent people with special access needs from travelling. It does not aim at developing offers only for disabled people but to integrate them in a tourism for all. With that we want to promote equal opportunity and social inclusion by adaptation of the VIA REGIA tourism products to the needs of people with special access needs.
The specific objectives are reducing one third of the main barriers that prevent the target groups from traveling, developing concrete tourism packages combining high quality toursim products and services along the route with accessible information for all, promotion and dissemination of best practices, raising awareness for the concept 'tourism for all' and sensibilising the 24 Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe and the Programme for the theme “tourism for all”.
NETZ – media and society (Germany), point of contact for VIA REGIA – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe
- Fremdenverkehrsverein "Weißenfelser Land" (Germany)
- Gemeinde Rasdorf (Germany)
- Touristische Arbeitsgemeinschaft Hessisches Kegelspiel e.V. (Germany) Trattoria Il Calabrese (Germany)
- sustain! (Germany)
- Stadtverwaltung Weißenfels (Germany)
- Landgasthof Zum Adler (Germany)
- Landmetzgerei Budenz (Germany)
- papperts GmbH & Co KG (Germany)
- Carisma (Germany)
- Interessengemeinschaft barrierefreies Fulda e.V. (Germany)
- Deutsches Seminar für Tourismus (DSFT) Berlin e. V. (Germany)
NETZ – media and society (Germany) point of contact for VIA REGIA – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe.
Ms. Caroline Fischer
Bahnhofstraße 27/28 D-99084 Erfurt
Phone: 0049 (0)361 76 48 590
Download the Project Summary in PDF format from the right-hand panel.
European Commission funded project, reference page: