ELEVATOR Project. Accessible Tourism Training Workshop, Greece
Athens, Greece. Friday 7 October 2016.
The ELEVATOR European project partnership is holding a Workshop in Athens addressing accessible tourism training for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the tourism sector.
Invited participants will include key stakeholders and actors responsible for vocational training standards and the delivery of training in the Greek tourism and hospitality sectors.
Presentations and round-table discussions will focus on “Education of policy and strategy makers in accessible tourism” including methods, tools, their needs, conditions for their education, how to motivate these learners to change their mindset and take-up in this topic, and so on.
Discussions can include the following topics:
- Organisational aspects of vocational training and specific issues of importance for SMEs, including:
- Awareness-raising and perception of the accessible tourism market
- Knowledge about the requirements of the target groups
- Market advantages and best practices
- Skills and competences for delivering good customer service
- Practical steps to develop accessibility in the organisation.
Results of the workshop will be used to develop new European training programmes and materials on accessible tourism, specially targeted towards SMEs.
Further details about the ELEVATOR Workshop
Friday 7th October 2016, from 10.00 to 14.00 hours.
Venue: Acropolis Hill Hotel
Address: 7, Mousson Str., GR 11 742, Filopappou, Athens .
Tel. +30 210 9235 151 Fax. +30 210 9247 350
- Nearest METRO Station: AKROPOLI
- Participation is free of charge.
- Workshop language: English
- Places: Maximum 20.
- The Workshop Programme can be downloaded from this page in PDF format (right-hand panel)
If you are interested in joining the Athens Workshop, please send your name and contact details to ENAT.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Applicant for ENAT-ELEVATOR Project Workshop, Athens.